Re: Spectrum-Analyzer-USB-LTDZ-35-4400M

Paul Randall G3NJV

Hi Paul

Winnwt5 is available at the foot of this page

http://www.asobol.ru/software/winnwt5

VMA software is here

https://vma-satellite.blogspot.com/2016/12/vma-simple-spectrum-analyser-download.html

SNA sharp software is here

http://alloza.eu/david/WordPress3/?p=1014

If you buy the D6 version here is the modification

http://alloza.eu/david/WordPress3/?p=542

I have the software package which contains the elusive Winnwt 4-11-09 often specified for these boards but attempts to email it cause an undeliverable response.

Best regards Paul G3NJV

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Paul Entwistle via groups.io <g8afc@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 7:26:26 PM
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Spectrum-Analyzer-USB-LTDZ-35-4400M

Hello Robin

Sincere thanks for replying to my request and the software link – will try it later on this evening.

I don’t think that your comments as to its usefulness have disappointed me, but for my purposes I think it will be “useful” as long as all the caveats are kept in mind.

My winter QTH is Mauritius island (sadly, that may change this year L) where I operate 3B8HE.  Last year a friend there asked me to build a QO-100 up –converter for him, which I duly did. Unfortunately my friend decided that he would have to separate the driver part and place the PA (3W still the PA) at the dish position.

He failed to get it to work (despite the fact I had worked him on it from the UK) and was convinced the LO was not functioning but we had no suitable test gear and I brought the unit back to the UK where it proved to be functioning 100%-  I eventually gave it to a local amateur here in Manchester!!

So the purchase of the Chinese board was simply to give me some modicum  of microwave test gear that wasn’t going to cost the earth and didn’t weigh even more for when I am away from my shack here!

In fact if it keeps me amused for a few evenings it will be more than worth the money J

So thanks again for the help and info

Vy 73 de Paul G8AFC

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robin Szemeti
Sent: 19 April 2020 16:35
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Spectrum-Analyzer-USB-LTDZ-35-4400M

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 at 15:44, Paul Entwistle via groups.io <g8afc=ntlworld.com@groups.io> wrote:

Simon, Ben

I also bought one of the above on the basis of “for that price it must be worth a try”- however I have not been able to find a site that doesn’t look suspicious! from which to download the software – could anyone help so I can at least satisfy my curiosity before buying a Pluto?

With Thanks

Paul G8AFC

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robin Szemeti
Sent: 19 April 2020 13:37
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] PLUTO

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 at 13:27, Simon Brown <simon@...> wrote:

Ben,

Pluto is excellent value for money, even though a modification is required. Pluto wasn’t designed for ham use but for a few € we have a very usable device. AD will be improving the throughput soon, also I’ve pleaded with them to spend a few $ and provide true USB3 throughput which the rest of the design can handle.

I can’t handle this tiny soldering myself, there are many in our community who can though.

Simon Brown, G4ELI

https://www.sdr-radio.com

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of militaryoperator via groups.io
Sent: 18 April 2020 10:25
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] PLUTO

FWIW I use a modified Pluto with the Leo Bodnar GPSDO, as a result it’s rock solid. If not modified then expect it to drift like the clappers.

Don't forget the 40 MHz TCXO, unless you have a GPS source.

This seems to be the norm. Buy something, Pluto, Lime, Hack, IC9700 and then have to mess about, faffing with smd components (which some find an easy task) to add better oscillators etc to get the blasted thing stable enough to use. 

As decent ppm osc's are available at cheap prices (though a pain to fit) I can't see why the manufacturers don't fit them. 

I was thinking of buying a Pluto but as it requires modding then maybe not for me.

Hey ho.  Ben. 

--

Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited 

E: robin@... 

T: +44 (0) 1299 405028 

M: +44 (0) 7971 883371 

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE 

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the

confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the

intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the

intended recipient, you have received this communication in error 

and must not distribute or copy it. 

Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately 

by return e-mail and delete this communication. 

Thank you. 

--

Best regards,

Robin Szemeti

Redpoint Consulting Limited 

E: robin@... 

T: +44 (0) 1299 405028 

M: +44 (0) 7971 883371 

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE 

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the

confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the

intended recipient or person responsible for delivering it to the

intended recipient, you have received this communication in error 

and must not distribute or copy it. 

Please accept the sender's apologies, notify the sender immediately 

by return e-mail and delete this communication. 

Thank you. 

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.