Re: RadCom / Scatter point article

Paul G8KFW

Hi Tom

Can you enlarge on the Chinese board that was simply to give me some modicum  of microwave test gear

although I am familiar with a fear amount of Test gear  can you please explain what you mean by a  HP xyz or is it just any bit of HP test kit

because there is a HP xyz display

Regards Paul

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom GM8MJV
Sent: 20 April 2020 21:15
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] RadCom / Scatter point article

Hello All

A comment on earlier mail by Paul G8AFC

So the purchase of the Chinese board was simply to give me some modicum  of microwave test gear that wasn’t going to cost the earth and didn’t weigh even more for when I am away from my shack here!

Sometime I see comments  ‘Just scan the filter’ , it will do for basic checks, etc

There are a pile of little ‘modules’, gadget’s less than £100 on ebay and the likes.    What would be handy/good is how do you use some of these boards to ‘scan a filter’ - use it to test xyz.

Just some sort of ‘use by example’ type guide to help those who have never used the higher end (read proper) Spectrum analyser or an HP xyz to do what they do.

With the lock down there will be free time to scribble some notes that may help others. 

73’s

Tom
GM8MJV (IO85)

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.8048 / Virus Database: 4793/15886 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.