Hi Conrad,

Graham G3TCT is the 'USK beacon keeper. It only has solar & wind power and he currently lists it as on 07:00 - 18:00 UTC on Beaconspot. It's usually about S7 with me here at home (IO91QE)

73, Phil G3TCU.

On 16/04/2020 10:22, Conrad, PA5Y via groups.io wrote:
Last night I finally got my 23cms RX operational.

Imagine my surprise when I found GB3MHZ was S9+40dB! I could also hear GB3DUN at 559 which I have never heard before. It seemed to be confined to the East coast although as there is no beacon in IO93 or there about it is hard to tell. I could not hear anything else. Is GB3USK always on?  I was very surprised not to hear it. It was quite late yesterday evening.

There was absolutely no enhancement East or North East. I could hear the Berlin beacon but not strong.

TX will be tonight and tomorrow. I need to finish a little driver amp and make a few more cables. So I hope to be back for next week's UKAC and this time with the antenna 6m above the tree line.

Remember that I am well inland here - on 23cms the coastal stations will be MUCH louder.

73

Conrad PA5Y

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of SAM JEWELL via groups.io <jewell@...>
Sent: 16 April 2020 10:06
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] GB3PKT

I suspect the ‘been there, got the teeshirt’  may well apply.....

Sam

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, April 16, 2020, 8:55 am, John Lemay <john@...> wrote:

Sam and all

We need more activity ! Yesterday evening on 3cms Dutch and Belgian beacons were well above norm, and G stations were spotting them as if it was going out of fashion. But there were no near continental stations logged in to ‘KST Microwave chat, which makes it difficult to get a sked. Have they “done it all before”?

John G4ZTR