From: Andy G4JNT
Sent: 06 April 2020 13:11
To: UK Microwaves groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] 144 PA

I know it's not really microwaves, but ...

Want to put together a quickie 2m PA using an old MFR9180 device (designed for 900MHz and courtesy G3NNS surplus).   Presupposing it's internal matching is lowpass, the impedances should appear as almost "raw FET " at this frequency.  The device is rated for 170W but I only want 80 - 100 of them.

I have stacks of 085 semi-rigid, so intend using this as the 1:4 output TR-line transformer.   Has anyone tried .085 at 100W of 144MHz?    I don't think it will cook itself, but would like someone else's perspective.

Only really wanted to make myself heard properly on our reinstated club net on FM.  Only have 5 watts at the moment :-(