Re: Rotator question

Conrad, PA5Y

Well Don, these are questions that you can ask the manufacturer. Tell them what you would like to do. Say I have a 3m dish and the wind speed I would like to operate is 120km/h or whatever. There are MANY eme stations using these drives, they are MILES better than any amateur rotator. You do not have to use the pulse outputs you can fashion any system that you want and very easily. The 3 inch single axis model is here:

Dual axis is here:

You will have to specify the final rotational speed for your application and they will provide a suitable motor and planetary gearbox. They could not be easier to mount as you can see from the drawings.  I was trying to be helpful but I am not designing a system for someone. If you want strong and reliable then this is the easiest and cheapest way to do it and it is proven, The prices are available quickly by enquiry but here is a quote for airshipping for a DUAL AXIS drive suitable for a 3.7m dish for EME.

If you ship by sea the shipping price is 1/3 of air freight approximately.

 3" Dual Axis Slewing Drive SVH3-62B-RC-24H7735-REV.A Ratio:62:1 ,Right Handed Mounting USD498.20 1
 24VDC Motor With Hall Sensor
1 pcs Air Express to your door USD327.60

The single axis models are of course cheaper.

They are extremely well made and perform as specified.

Here is a photo from W2HRO of a 3 inch dual axis mounted, it is not exactly the same but very similar.

73

Conrad PA5Y