Re: Rotator question

David Redman

Look at the K3NG rotator controller

Lots of encoder options
I use AEAT 6012 12 bit absolute encoders with homebrew shaft mounts but other options are available
Az drive is homebrew , El drive heavy duty jackscrew.
Both encoders mounted on the rotating axis.
This is with an Arduino Mega 2560 and tracks my 3m dish to 0.1 degree positioning.
Park and stop limits fully define in software

I am not a software person and this was my first venture into Arduino but I got their with help from Doug G4DZU

If anybody wants further info then please contact me directly.

Dave
G4IDR

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019, 09:45 John Quarmby via Groups.Io, <g3xdy=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree the mech end of it should be fairly straightforward, its
rebuilding the controller thats the more involved task, as I'm by no
means a software person. If I can find a suitable app (Arduino?) already
available that would help a lot - it needs 0.1 degree resolution
display, software settable end stops and offset, motor speed control for
start-stop, and RS232 or USB interfacing for PC control.

73

John G3XDY