Re: Rotator question

John Quarmby

I have been using a Prosistel 2051 for nearly 10 years now and its proved its worth. It fitted the existing Altron head unit with no problem.  Like others I'm on about my third indicator pot and am considering changing to an absolute encoder and rebuilding the controller to suit, but that's not a simple task. I believe Prosistel do now make a version with a shaft encoder with 0.1 degree resolution. The PstRotatorAz software package from YO3DMU works well too.

73

John G3XDY

On 10/12/2019 23:05, Chris Bartram G4DGU wrote:
Hello John,

I used a Prosistel 2051 to turn some big-ish HB yagis when I lived on an exposed site in NW Carmarthenshire. I wish I hadn't sold it! Like Nick, I did have problems with the direct drive of the readout pot resulting in its eventual destruction. It just needs a flexible shaft coupler eg.  a length of reinforced neoprene tube, to take-up the end float which did the damage. Nowadays I'd replace the pot with an absolute encoder and modify the control box accordingly.

73

Chris

G4DGU