Re: G3WDG Boards

Clive, G3GJA

I totally  agree. There nothing available to build in Europe if you want to mix up to 3cm and an expensive, old W1GHZ design from DEMI from the US. That leaves the ready built DB6NT transverter that I don’t really want to mess with it at £500+

Clive

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy G4JNT
Sent: 09 December 2019 14:37
To: UK Microwaves groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] G3WDG Boards

What we as a 10GHz community could do with, is an off the shelf, or easy to build, 10GHz bandpass filter suitable for image rejection at 144 IF.

Something like a 3 section post-coupled waveguide design.    Or perhaps an evanescent one in WG20.

Unfortunately the need to do them with SMA connectors / probes makes the setting up more tricky than in WG alone.

Pity I have no network or even scalar analyser that goes to 10GHz, otherwise it might have been a tempting project

On Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 14:30, Clive, G3GJA <clive@...> wrote:

Hi Terry

I’d like to take those boards please. I want to see if I can convert GB3XY from FM ATV to DATV by mixing up from 2m or probably somewhere above 150MHz as XY is co-sited with a 2m repeater.

I was going to get a DB6NT 3mc transverter kit but they were discontinued before I could get one.

73

Clive G3GJA