Re: 9 cms antennas

Stanislaw Ziemczonek

 Alan ,
many years ago I took measurements of this horn, which works well on 3 bands.
The results are on:
http://www.sp6gwb.pl/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/pomiary.pdf
I used several copies of this horn in my 2'nd  QTH JO80JG with a 1.4 and 1.25 m dish.
73's de Staszek SP6GWB

Hi,

Here is a a modest size horn design. I made one for the 1.3 to 2.4 GHz band from some
flashing ally sheet and the feed strip was the shield cover from a dead laptop charger, copper
so I could solder it to the N socket and two screws at the end onto the waveguide broad face.

We have a Microwave Simulation expert checking this design and possibly telling us exactly
what to adjust to get a good Return Loss at both 1.3 and 2.4 GHz. On 1296 MHz it worked
first time. I'm skeptical  of my test gear (PocketVNA)  at 2.4 G so I left well alone.

As mentioned in the article, it's scale-able to higher bands.

When we have simulation results, we'll add in the "Files" section.

Perhaps a "yagi" section could be put in front of this but I'd just extend the horn in mesh.

A mesh size of one tenth of the wavelength is plenty good enough. one inch for 23cm, half inch
would work for 9cm.

Nothing is critical here, best angle, every unit of length forward, half up and half down in the vertical and the horizontal.

Alan VK2ZIW

On Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:04:22 +1100, Lou Blasco wrote
> Hi All,
>
> Our group has a files section. It would benefit many if the drawings were made available there.
>
> Regards
>
> Lou
> VK3ALB
>
> At 11:38 08/12/2019, you wrote:

Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic