Re: 13cms beacons

Ed G3VPF

Andy

Sorry, I only looked at the map where it is not listed.

Ed

G3VPF IO80RQ

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...>
Sent: 27 November 2019 20:36
To: UK Microwaves groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Cc: John Lemay <john@...>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] 13cms beacons

F5ZVY is listed in BS as running ISCAT    on .864
Although its status appears to be 'uncertain'

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 at 20:29, Ed G3VPF <g3vpf@...> wrote:
Many thanks to those of you who pointed out the mode is PI4. Have downloaded the decoder and will go back and try again once the WX improves.

Andy: which French beacons run ISCAT? Went through the listings on Beaconspot on 13cms but could not find them.

Ed

G3VPF IO80RQ

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of John Lemay <john@...>
Sent: 26 November 2019 16:33
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] 13cms beacons

Hello Ed

Martlesham runs PI4 on 13cms. That’s why you had no decodes on WSJT !Details are on Beaconspot.

Regards

John G4ZTR

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Ed G3VPF
Sent: 26 November 2019 16:26
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] 13cms beacons

Spent an hour this afternoon on a high spot in West Dorset (IO80RQ44) checking out the 13cms gear and listening to various beacons. As expected SCS was very strong, FNM was a weak but consistent signal. However, on 2320.830 there was a very weak beacon which could have been MHZ but was never strong enough to copy the CW. On the JT modes I could see 4 tones on a 15 second sequence but none of the modes in WSPRX would give a decode. Can anyone tell me what the MHZ modulation sequence is?

As a general comment, it would be very useful if the beacon databases included the modulation details for the microwave beacons.

Ed G3VPF

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.