Re: 13cms beacons

Andy G4JNT

Beaconspot lists the modulation of many of the active beacons

Interesting to see two French ones carry ISCAT (a WSJT-X mode)   and  OPERA

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 16:28, Andy G4JNT via Groups.Io <andy.g4jnt=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 16:25, Ed G3VPF <g3vpf@...> wrote:
Spent an hour this afternoon on a high spot in West Dorset (IO80RQ44) checking out the 13cms gear and listening to various beacons. As expected SCS was very strong, FNM was a weak but consistent signal. However, on 2320.830 there was a very weak beacon which could have been MHZ but was never strong enough to copy the CW. On the JT modes I could see 4 tones on a 15 second sequence but none of the modes in WSPRX would give a decode. Can anyone tell me what the MHZ modulation sequence is?

As a general comment, it would be very useful if the beacon databases included the modulation details for the microwave beacons.

Ed G3VPF