From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of KENT BRITAIN
Sent: 19 November 2019 02:52
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] 122GHz antennas

Got a question for the group.

Having done a lot of work with 94 GHz, I realize just how much fun it is to

align a millimeter system for best performance.   Both focus and

sighting.

The plan is to modulate one of the boards with 1000 Hz AM and test on

the antenna range.  Now the HP415 detector can be connected to the 145 MHz

port and dB's directly read.   And a relatively close object to align the sights on.

Would AM modulation be as simple as connecting a function generator

(or 555 timer) directly to the I Q inputs and hit both with the 1000 Hz in

phase?    I would expect slightly more output that way vs just the I or Q port.

going logic level high.

Kent  G8EMY

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.