122GHz antennas

KENT BRITAIN

Got a question for the group.

Having done a lot of work with 94 GHz, I realize just how much fun it is to
align a millimeter system for best performance.   Both focus and
sighting.

The plan is to modulate one of the boards with 1000 Hz AM and test on
the antenna range.  Now the HP415 detector can be connected to the 145 MHz
port and dB's directly read.   And a relatively close object to align the sights on.

Would AM modulation be as simple as connecting a function generator
(or 555 timer) directly to the I Q inputs and hit both with the 1000 Hz in
phase?    I would expect slightly more output that way vs just the I or Q port.
going logic level high.

Kent  G8EMY