Re: BNC/TNC connectors

Dr. David Kirkby from Kirkby Microwave Ltd <drkirkby@...>

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 at 19:47, Doug G4DZU via Groups.Io <doug.parker=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:

TNCs are good to at least 10G

On 28 Oct 2019, at 18:03, Gordon REASON via Groups.Io <gordonj.reason@...> wrote:

BNC's for up to 50 Mhz ............ONLY

All of mine went into the bin .

Maury Microwave sell a couple of VNA calibration kits with BNC connectors

* 50 ohm 10 GHz - model 8550CK10
* 75 ohm 12 GHz - model 8580CK10

The only problems I have experienced with BNCs has been when they are incorrectly fitted - which is often the case. But I have seen this problem on SMAs, Ns and BNCs.

There are some crappy connectors around. I have a piece of leaky feeder made by Gore. It was for use on aircraft and cost a small fortune. Gore stuck some really poor connectors on them.

I am not too impressed with Gore stuff, although Pasternack are the worst of the expensive manufacturers.

Dave
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Kirkby Microwave Ltd,

Registered in England & Wales, company number 08914892.
Registered office:
Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 6DT, United Kingdom