Re: Chirps and 24GHz

G4LDR

Hello Andy,

When I have driven between Salisbury and Blandford, monitoring GB3SCK from Bell Hill (BEFORE WE LOWERED THE HEIGHT OF THE MAST), I could receive it on the hill tops and as I got nearer to Blandford, even down in the valleys where there is a lot of higher ground between my position and the beacon. (I've also done the same on 47GHz listening for GB3SCQ, but it is only detectable on the hill tops. I had to use an SDR because doppler shift is too great on 47GHz for a narrow band receiver when I changed velocity relative to the beacon (i.e. bends in the road).

73 Neil.