From: G4SDG
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:54 PM
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] HP8562A analyser fault

I have acquired a very dirty unloved HP8562A 22GHz analyser which is OK on start-up but after it warms up I see error code 317 “Freq Acc” and 307 “YTO Unlock” and sometimes also 334 “LO Amp”. The errors seem to be frequency dependent as well as temperature related. I've used an external 10MHz reference but this has made no difference. Having looked through the manuals I wonder whether it might be as simple as going through the YTO adjustment procedure which doesn’t look too bad but I don’t want to dabble and make things worse. Does anyone have any experience with these units and suggestions as to how I might proceed?

Chris G4SDG