Re: entering logs UKAC

Tony G4NBS

Everything said by all is true and some of it will come as experience and equipment improve but don’t be put off by the comments from those using more power than you have. Some things (like AS) need a reasonable ERP to be effective, likewise lots of CQ’s are good but don’t forget to tune around and listen as well! Only calling CQ with a minimal station is not likely to get as many contacts as someone carefully looking and listening in all directions!

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of G3UVR Denis via Groups.Io
Sent: 21 October 2019 20:13
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] entering logs UKAC

Ben.

Something is wrong if I could find no trace of you running 100+ watts. According to your entry you entered the 100w - 400w section (AO) just wonder if this section is correct for you? If you were running up to 10w your eleven QSOs is way above many that were in the 10w max section. There is more to this than just having a large tower (I dont) There is only me in the shack during a contest (single op) and i am just 92m ASL With that in mind I am very pleased to get 53 QSOs using the 10w section. Main requirements for good score. Huge quanity of CQs Much tuning of rotator and make the most of KST it is essential.

73 de Denis G3UVR