Re: entering logs UKAC

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

Don't despair Ben, we can't all live on a hill with a clear take off. The poorer your location the greater will be your satisfaction!

After 38 years I returned to 23cms this year, in the first two UKAC I had zero contacts, next one 3 contacts & last week 6 contacts. In fact I worked greater distances on 23cm last week than I did on 4m two days later. I am in a valley where you can't even get a mobile phone signal from the repeater a mile away.

Even if you have a low score so what,send in an entry. I have great admiration for people down at the bottom of the scoreboard bashing away on the band showing people you are around.

Yes you can combine your score with your club so far I'm the only one in our club taking part in UKACs on 23cm, 70cm & 6m. But don't let that put you off, just have a go anyway. I used to win some microwave contests 40 years ago, but not any longer from this location but that doesn't matter you can still derive personal satisfaction from difficult contacts that others might regard as unspectacular :)
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m/4m/2m/70cm/23cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!