Re: Simple low power gain device

Neil Smith G4DBN

I do this on all my transverters, even the brand new 13cm G4, sod the warranty.
Neil G4DBN

On 20 Oct 2019, at 09:08, Doug G4DZU via Groups.Io <doug.parker@...> wrote:

An easy solution is to lower the value of the input attenuator resistors. After doing this all of my G2 DB6NTs work great with Sam's transverter.

73s
Doug
G4DZU

On 20 Oct 2019, at 08:49, Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> wrote:

Another version of the same amp

<image.png>

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 at 08:45, Andy G4JNT via Groups.Io <andy.g4jnt=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Wouldn't it be easier to reduce the drive sensitivity of the transverter?

But failing that, a bipolar amp like the right hand side of the diagram shown here
(I know it says adjust\ble to +25dBm, but that's off an 8V rail.   The device can give a watt out )

<image.png>

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 at 08:33, John Lemay <john@...> wrote:
'Morning all

I have a G4DDK Anglian transverter which produces +20dBm on 144MHz (works
FB!)

At the masthead I have a DB6NT 13cms transverter which requires approx.
+23dBm for full output.

Taking into account feeder losses and a bit of headroom for comfort I'm
looking for a simple linear amplifier to boost my 144MHz drive from +20dBm
to +26dBm.

Any of the Mitsubishi RA series modules would be capable, but a significant
overkill ! Any other suggestions please ?

TIA

John G4ZTR