From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy G4JNT
Sent: 20 October 2019 08:49
To: UK Microwaves groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Simple low power gain device

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 at 08:45, Andy G4JNT via Groups.Io <andy.g4jnt=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wouldn't it be easier to reduce the drive sensitivity of the transverter?

But failing that, a bipolar amp like the right hand side of the diagram shown here

(I know it says adjust\ble to +25dBm, but that's off an 8V rail.   The device can give a watt out )

image.png

On Sun, 20 Oct 2019 at 08:33, John Lemay <john@...> wrote:

'Morning all

I have a G4DDK Anglian transverter which produces +20dBm on 144MHz (works
FB!)

At the masthead I have a DB6NT 13cms transverter which requires approx.
+23dBm for full output.

Taking into account feeder losses and a bit of headroom for comfort I'm
looking for a simple linear amplifier to boost my 144MHz drive from +20dBm
to +26dBm.

Any of the Mitsubishi RA series modules would be capable, but a significant
overkill ! Any other suggestions please ?

TIA

John G4ZTR