Re: Authority to operate on 24GHz

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

I have an application form here dated August 1984 for authority to use 24.05-24.50 GHz

I notice that my July 1976 authority states 24.00-24.50 GHz no power greater than 5w ERP for one year.

Another location in March 1978 states "24.25 GHz band" no power greater than 25w ERP no time limit.

A further location in September 1978 just states "24.25 GHz band" with no power restriction other than on my licence.

Although my licence of 1964 had no such band although we did have 21.00 - 22.00 Gc/s & that appears to have been as a Primary User. I think it was in Sept 1972 Charlie Suckling G3WDG & myself were the only entries in the Region 1 contest for this band. Shortly after G3BNL did the Dartmoor - Preseli path with G3EEZ? of just over 150km then the band got chopped. I would guess that was in 1973, I think it was a matter of weeks after Les made this record, that of course still stands to this day.

So was it straight after that that we got 24GHz?
--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m/4m/2m/70cm/23cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!