Authority to operate on 24GHz

Clive Elliott GW4MBS

It is some years since I operated on 24GHz, out of curiosity I wonder when the requirement was dropped to obtain written authority from the Home Office to even operate a receiving station on this band?

My recollection is that to transmit you had to submit details of proposed location, NGR, PEIRP for each mode of modulation, frequency, also name, callsign & address of receiving station who presumably needed to submit a reciprocal application, oh yes & to complete a Radiation Hazard Certificate.

This made spontaneous operation very difficult. So when did things loosen up?

--
Clive GW4MBS (ex-G8ADP)
Pottering on 6m/4m/2m/70cm/23cm in a valley in IO71XW where any QSO is a triumph of optimism over geography!