Re: New 122 Ghz project group Owner / moderator comments welcome

Alan Melia

Hi Paul If you login to the web site click the ''help'' button and on the upper left menu you will see a ''subgroups''  item which describes the facility.

I think I was mistaken in that I thought any member could set up a subgroup..... this is a group within (say) UKMicrowaves. It would seem these need to be set up by the group owner. This would keep all microwave topics within the group, but group member can choose whether the want to join the subgroup. The addressing of messages is a little different which might prove a problem.

So maybe the use of hashtags would be easier but I dont know it would facilitate selection except you may be able to mute i.e not receive messages with a certain hashtag. this again is described in the help but it does not explain their use in filtering.

It is of course possible to mute Topics. I must try this.

Alan
G3NYK

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2019 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] New 122 Ghz project group Owner / moderator comments welcome

Hi Alan

You say perhaps we should encourage the sub-groups idea

Do you mean something lick I suggested yesterday before I was aware the VK lad’s hade taken my previews E mails on bored

and realised the drop box wasn’t the best solution  as in the following text that I posted on Saturday

Peter 

you do have  Cris’s call correct according to my records

And that makes 3 of you with the ability to make 4 systems

Providing all are ordered

With this in mind do we require a Group.io    40 Ghz plus

Regards Paul

Alan the problem is  we currently have about 33 Built and tested board’s  on order with  only 25 people interested

The new  122 ghz Group (VK) site  will have all the updates an order details and shipping dates on it so you want that traffic on this site ?

Plus the file storage on this sit has to be paid for after we exceed our allowance

Owner  / moderator  comments welcome on the way forward  regarding the sub-groups idea

Another possibility to post on the Wicky  but all working on the 122 ghz project must have access to post on it for it to work

You say but it would then be a quick way to find who was active  we have a group that it was suggested  when the owner died

would make an ideal site for pre arranging contacts that is  waveguide@...  it is idle but it is all tested and working

Regards Paul    Sorry  I was  long winded  but this should be decided by the Group not one person and defiantly not me

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Melia via Groups.Io
Sent: 06 October 2019 18:48
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] New 122 Ghz project group

Hi Paul yes was too busy to day to investigate the new group and so did not realise it was a VK thing (thanks Neil) That makes a lot more sense but perhaps we should encourage the sub-groups idea it would make life easier for some. For example the contest activity messages could be grouped in an approprate sub-group. (I only say that as not currently being active I dont read those :-))  ) but it would then be a quick way to find who was active...... a sort of high level message filter........ Just a thought !

Best Wishes for 122G and above DX

Alan

G3NYK

Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2019 12:22 PM

Hi Alan

Thank you for your comment  firstly have you visited the new group ?

You will see there is a lot of information already on it

OK your question Why or why move it to another group

The 122 Ghz project is NOT a UK  design  / project it was inspired  outside the UK

The New Group was set up by the original team being outside of the UK  and not all of them are members of UK microwave

Hopefully this helps with the explanation of the new group

Regards Paul

P.S  Has Roger received your order yet for the 122 ghz project ?

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of Alan Melia via Groups.Io
Sent: 06 October 2019 11:58
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io

Why or why move it to another group?? you could have set a sub-group on UK microwaves which would have enabled the rest of us to keep up with developments if we so chose. Now you have fragmented the group and the ''life'' of this particular project will probably be short anyway.

Alan

G3NYK

Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2019 10:52 AM

Subject: [UKMicrowaves] New 122 Ghz project group

Hi all

Last night I was given permission to put information relating to the 122 Ghz project on the UK microwave group

But like magic a new group has been created    and this has all the  available information  in its files section

It can be found at                       https://groups.io/g/The122GProject

Regards Paul

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2016.0.8048 / Virus Database: 4793/15886 - Release Date: 08/14/18
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Alwyn Seeds, Director
SynOptika Ltd.,
114 Beaufort Street,
London,
SW3 6BU,
England.

Tel.: +44 (0) 20 7376 4110

SynOptika Ltd., Registered in England and Wales: No. 04606737
Registered Office: 114 Beaufort Street, London, SW3 6BU, United Kingdom.

--
Paul Bicknell G8KFW   South Coast UK
--

--

--

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.