Re: Smart Electricity Meter

Alan G0XBV

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Hague M0AFJ via Groups.Io <m0afj@...>
To: UKMicrowaves <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 13:02
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Smart Electricity Meter

I’ve had two smart meters fitted (changed suppliers), neither have caused me any problems RFI wise, from Top Band to 23cms.

Thanks, Tim.  Does the gas box require external power?

...wish I could say the same about the neighbours solar installation.
Ditto here.  It's S7 minimum during the daytime here and bizarrely after dark too (do some have batteries which run the inverter after sun-down?).

Al G0XBV

On 3 Oct 2019, at 11:49, g4zod@... via Groups.Io <g4zod@...> wrote:

I have just had notification that they want to fit a smart meter to replace the recently installed standard new one.
Will it bring RFI into my station?
Will any RF I may generate from HF up to microwave bands affect it?
(It seems I can object if I contact them.)
Many thanks.
G4ZOD

Sent from BlueMail