From: Brian Howie GM4DIJ <brian@...>
To: UKMicrowaves <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 12:49
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Smart Electricity Meter

In message
<CAA8k23TfqoA=+jaRV8TMouHEn3UJaF7fp-bckx975JVA_mJ7pw@...>,
Andy G4JNT <andy.g4jnt@...> writes
>No. They use mobile phone bands and home RF (= 432/864MHz etc ISM)
>No RFI mechanism
>
>They're a novelty to play with and doesn't cost you anything
>Despite the paranoia discussed about them - on various Groups in the past.
>
>Andy
>www.g4jnt.com

I've not noticed anything, but RFI is pretty dire here anyway.

I'll need to look for mine on the bands you mentioned on the funcube
dongle. The Scottish Power site however says:-

"The short range radio signal is similar to wifi and bluetooth, but is
actually a low energy system called Zigbee."

My electric meter is in a metal box, but the RF seems to get out. The
gas one is plastic.

I was disappointed that you can't  access the meter data from the module
even though there's a USB lead. It would have been nice to plot it over
time.  My computer can see the USB port as unrecognised, so it is doing
more than the  charging power.

73 Brian GM4DIJ
--
Brian Howie