Re: [uk_beacons] [RSGB-Workshop] VHF and Up Beacons missing in the latest Yearbook

alwyn.seeds1

Dear Andy,

Yes, it’s a great pity.

I don’t often buy the handbook; but beacon information really should be there- there seem plenty of pages available.

Perhaps best solution for the future is for UKUG to provide the list to the editor.

Regards,

Alwyn

Alwyn Seeds, Director
SynOptika Ltd.,
114 Beaufort Street,
London,
SW3 6BU,
England.

Tel.: +44 (0) 20 7376 4110

On 28 Sep 2019, at 14:17, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [uk_beacons] <uk_beacons@...> wrote:

The reply from the editor

"Hello Andy,

I am sorry that the VHF/UHF Beacons were not included this year.

The main reason for this is at the time of publishing the beacons listing had not been updated on the beacon website and also the older listing was not in a format suitable for transferring the data.

The HF and 50MHz beacon pages were the same but at the last minute the job of organising these were taken over by somebody else who supplied the data in a format that I could use.

Once again sorry that they were not included this, hopefully they will be next year.
Mike Browne, G3DIH
Yearbook Editor"

On Sat, 28 Sep 2019 at 11:07, Andy TALBOT via Groups.Io <andy.g4jnt=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I've just received the 2020 edition of the  RSGB Yearbook, and see in it that the beacons  listing  only has beacons up to 50MHz shown

Once again, it appears the impression is being given "no one is interested in frequencies above 50MHz"

Posted by: Andy Talbot <andy.g4jnt@...>

.