Re: Farnham 3.4GHz Beacon Test

G4LDR

Hello Dave,

Just got round to listening for the new Farnham 3.4GHz Beacon.

It is currently 599 and a fairly steady signal (tower in lowered position and beaming straight into the trees that screen the lower part of the tower). I'm 61km from the beacon and it is a quite an obstructed path. Frequency measured here is 3400.740500MHz. I'm able to hear it no matter which way the dish is pointing. Hope it becomes a permanent feature. (For reference the 13cm beacon is 599++ and the 6cm beacon from the other Farnham site is usually only 519 ish).

Thanks for getting it on the air.

73 Neil G4LDR