Re: Up onverter

Colin G4EML

Ben,
I have seen several Chinese ADF boards where the voltage regulator oscillates and causes lots of sprogs. Try adding a large capacitor (at least 100uF) on the input and output of the regulator chip to ground.
I get a very clean signal from mine after doing that mod.

Colin.

On 11 Sep 2019, at 13:06, militaryoperator via Groups.Io <Military1944@...> wrote:

Having built my first SMD unit, the G4EML upconverter I was gobsmacked to find it works!!!

Feeding with 432 from the sig gen and 1968 from a ADF4353 osc board I find the ADF board o/p is very poor, lots of sprogs etc so lots of sprogs at 2.4GHz. I switched to the LeoBod osc set at 656Mhz and using the 3rd harmonic the o/p at 2.4GHz is very good. One small extra blip 400khz higher for some reason.

But, the LeoBod is a rather expensive way of getting a lo sig so, is there a less expensive way of getting 1968MHz??

Ben.