Re: Up onverter

militaryoperator

Having built my first SMD unit, the G4EML upconverter I was gobsmacked to find it works!!!

Feeding with 432 from the sig gen and 1968 from a ADF4353 osc board I find the ADF board o/p is very poor, lots of sprogs etc so lots of sprogs at 2.4GHz. I switched to the LeoBod osc set at 656Mhz and using the 3rd harmonic the o/p at 2.4GHz is very good. One small extra blip 400khz higher for some reason.

But, the LeoBod is a rather expensive way of getting a lo sig so, is there a less expensive way of getting 1968MHz??

Ben.