Re: How much loss will this 3cm feed have ?

Steve G4HTZ

Nick
Unless the picture has been turned it looks like your TX /RX with vertical polarisation .....I stand to be corrected as I have known to be wrong ..often ..
Steve G4HTZ

On 23 Aug 2019, at 22:05, Nick Gregory G0HIK via Groups.Io <nickg0hik@...> wrote:

<20190823_202807.jpg>

Should I be worried about the amount of loss this 3cm feed has ?
The dish has the threaded WG connector and I have had to use two adapters to get it to match the WG Transition, which has a "C" connector. I have had to convert to "N" with adapters.
Would a homemade coax to WG transition with the correct flange and a small coax pigtail be better ?

Next question does anyone have a suitable flange in WG16 that suits the dish, that I can use to make a "N" or SMA transition with. (Sorry I dont know the name of the flange, but it the one on the Dish Sanders maybe ?)

Nick G0HIK

--
Steve G4HTZ
JO01JN