From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io [mailto:UKMicrowaves@groups.io] On Behalf Of simonchettle
Sent: 22 August 2019 18:50
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Tuesday night 23cms

Umm -  what a surprise I had on Tuesday!

I have not been active for a couple of years and after a rebuild of the of the station I Thought (?) that 100 W into 67 Ele with DDK preamp would net a good few contacts.

Observations:

Just prior to 20:00 copied two PA stations and one station on the IOW.

So despite being in a “hole”  50 M ASL with local surrounding ground rising to 80 M ASL I expected an interesting evening.

Of course  after 20:00 no sign of the PA stations and no signal from IOW.

After 2 hours I noted a /P station giving a report of 70 QSOs – and I was 9 !  Others in IO83 were doing better than me.

I did work stations  in IO  and JO with broadly reciprocal similar signal reports so my kit appears to be matched (RX v TX).

I did notice that conditions were not good (Martelsham well down on normal).

Though as has been asked/ said on many occasions those of you who “in the south” Please look North after you have worked  F, DL, ON, PA ect.

This is not a whinge just that some of us in the NW and Midlands would appreciate a couple of QSOs more.

Cheers

Simon