Re: New RSGB-Workshop Group

Andy G4JNT

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 09:44, Michael Scott via Groups.Io <g3lyp=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Andy

I don’t seem to be having much luck, my application e-mail bounced!

73, Mike.

From: Andy G4JNT
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:08 AM
To: UK Microwaves groups.io
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] New RSGB-Workshop Group

As mentioned here a while ago, the new Group has now been set up.  This text will appear in RSGB Matters in October's issue.

New  RSGB-Workshop Group

A new internet chat group has been started which, it is hoped, will become a central point for discussion and feedback for all technical and constructional content in RadCom and related publications.  Membership is for anyone with an interest in radio, electronics, electrical, mechanical, construction and design all pertaining to our hobby and its offshoots.  It is the aim and intention that the authors of any published article, as well as the regular columnists will be Group members.

The Group is open to both members and non-members of RSGB, so those who see the publications second-hand can contribute.   Discussions, topics and threads can wander at will provided they remain of general interest.  Threads that depart too widely may well be steered to another thread.

The Group will be unmoderated to speed-up response times to comments, and also to minimise workload for the Group moderators!  This puts the responsibility for not posting illegal or unpleasant comments on you, the subscribers.  So BE NICE !  Any posts or threads that get out of hand will be moderated on an individual basis.

So go to https://groups.io/g/RSGB-Workshop/  and click Join.    By default, new users will be moderated until they have made three posts. This is to stop spammers and undesirables.  However, if we recognise you as a real radio amateur you will be set to unmoderated status (almost) immediately.  So make sure your user name or email address includes a callsign to allow this.

Andy  G4JNT  (Group Owner)