Re: 3D parts for QO100 and SM6FHZ CP patch feed

Neil Smith G4DBN

Use of "Microwave" in the title might be more inclusive, but we'll end up with cooking accessory designs.  (Try searching for "Waveguide" on ebay...)

Best to go along with whatever categories the other amateur radio stuff is in, then see if a sub-category for "GHz" or something can be set up. Maybe worth putting something on the UKuG wiki to point people in the right direction(s) until a suitable categorisation is available?

A curated page of microwave-related designs on personal websites and Thingiverse and other maker sites might be a useful approach.

Neil

On 15/08/2019 11:17, G0DDX via Groups.Io wrote:

Neil,

                That’s a good point.  Perhaps putting UKUG in the title might help.  As you say its not easy to find stuff when you don’t know what it’s called or titled.

You can search by Category. However, if people don’t put their designs in the right category it wont help. Also there is no specific sub headings under HOBBY. One for Ham Radio would be good, but it’s not there.

There are lots of things on Thingiverse that are for Ham Radio,  that are not directly UKuG related, but could be of interest to UKUG Hams in general.

I don’t know the answer, I will just try to make the titles really reflect what the object is. Hence me posting on here. Word does get around, as I had an Email from someone I didn’t know re the NFR support, which has prompted me to make the designs known to the UKUG.

Just my 2d’s worth.

Geoff

G0DDX