Re: Just a suggestion

Andy G4JNT

Why should you have to have a key for KSTtoME at all ?
Provided you are already registered with the KST site.
It shouldn't be needed.

After reading the messages in this thread, I remembered a while back I had a play with the Telnet interface for KST.   Looked in the archives and found (in a folder called 'MISC'  !) I'd being playing with it in Nov 2017 and wrote a very crude terminal interface.   That's as far as it went, coz I think I was only interested in getting Telnet working from  software I'd written.
But once telnet comms are working to KST, any customisation you want, working with and formatting the sent and received data to write personal filters.   Not going to do it, as it would only be repeating what KSTtoMe does anyway (albeit without the faff of a key)  - but does show that if your programming language has Telnet capability, a customised simpler interface is possible
Who can programme for Apple/Android devices.

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 09:58, Adrian G4UVZ via Groups.Io <adrianwhatmore248=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
Denis....Lastnight I down loaded ME on new PC ..requested a KEY but told firmly that you only get one chance to join the KST club !  apparently some where I have a key??   Returned to old PC with ME   and I am apparently un plugged!!!!    see attached ...