Re: Just a suggestion

Neil Smith G4DBN

make that /SET QRA IO93NR...

On 30/07/2019 09:53, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:

I quite like the telnet interface at telnet://www.on4kst.info:23000

Works fine on a telnet-capable terminal app on a smartphone.  You can change your locator using "/SET QRG IO93NR".

I haven't tried anything fancy as the effort involved in getting an app together isn't worth it. Having a searchable backscroll buffer in the terminal program means I can dig back through talk messages, but it can't support a filtered chat directly of course, unless your client supports some sort of piping.

I'm just command-line oriented...

Neil G4DBN

On 30/07/2019 09:36, Noel G8GTZ wrote:
I am not a great fan of KST, I can't believe that someone cleverer than me can't design a better user interface, however using KST2ME with a seperate window for your own messages does make it more useable even when out portable.  What I would really like is an app for the iphone / ipad to save having to take a laptop out /p at all!

I think a video on the UKmicrowave youtube channel of how to set up and use KST2ME would be really useful for a lot of people...

One question relevant to how this thread started - is it possible to change your locator on KST2ME or do you have to log in to the main site, as I did on Sunday?

73 Noel - G8GTZ