Re: 24GHZ Leaf scatter

G4LDR

Hi John,

I've been using leaf scatter for monitoring GB3SCK on 24GHz for many years when my tower is wound down (normal position here unless operating). I have to elevate the dishes by about 15deg. With the tower wound up the microwave dishes just see over the trees 40m from the tower. Leaf scatter also works very well on 10GHz but not on lower frequencies. I'm tempted to try listening for the 47GHz beacon, GB3SCQ from ground level via tree scatter (47GHz gear is not tower mountable) once the ash tree is fully in leaf.

73 Neil.