Re: ADF4351 MUX Pin

Andy G4JNT

Yes, I realise now why I wasn't seeing anything.
It seems the N divided output mustn't be selected when the chip invokes the annoying VCO band select / recal procedure.  Since it does this when the final register is set, if I "update all registers" as my control software does that procedure will automatically occur, hence lock fail

If Reg 2 were updated alone, then no doubt it would work.  But can't be bothered updating my control software to write to one register at a time :-(
(although, as the MUXOUT  is set using option buttons and they have a click method, a single register write need only be a couple of lines of extra VB6 code ....)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 09:17, brian.flynn via Groups.Io <brian.flynn=tiscali.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Andy,
I have set up one of the "black" Chinese boards and controlling it with the AD evaluation software using a Cypress CY7C68013A USB interface board I can select the different MUX out signals. The R and N divider outputs are both there. The R didvider  output signal is a better defined pulse than the N one which is of much shourter duration.  I have found that the Selectable MUX out is very useful in the past for debugging these boards.  I recently destroyed the chip on one board, owing to a fit of carelesness, and had to replace it. The mux out was useful in that situation for testing..

Details of using the Cypress CY7C68013A USB interfaceare are at:

https://gm8bjf.joomla.com/articles/9-pc-control-of-analog-devices-adf4xxx-synthesiser-chips

73s
Brian GM8BJF