Re: 2.4 GHz power measurement

Richard <richard@...>

I hoping if enough are interested matt may be able to find out what is
feasible at an affordable price.
probably the upper frequency limit , but with 5G around the corner i
suspect manufacturers are looking to push their capabilities to take
advantage. I would think up to 4GHz wouldn't be a problem, and I was
think usable to 6cms.

Richard

On Sat, 2019-04-06 at 13:01 +0100, Neil Smith G4DBN wrote:
I would be interested in a 20/30dB 250+ watt attenuator rated to
6GHz
for sure, if such things exist at amateur prices. My 4GHz-rated
150W
30dB attenuator starts to go *very* weird at 5.7, and my homebrew
350W
watercooled load loses interest completely above 3GHz. RF
Elettronica
have a good range of flange-mount attenuators, but they are rated
only
to 3 or 4GHz, nothing as high as 6GHz.

Might it be feasible to make a narrowband attenuator for 5.7 using
one
of the 4GHz-rated flange-mount chips with some tuning stubs on a bit
of
microstripline PCB? Then the requirement would only be to >3.4GHz,
which might be easier to achieve from my pocket-money allowance.

Neil G4DBN

On 05/04/2019 23:37, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:
Yes Richard, that would be of interest to me.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y