I would be interested in a 20/30dB 250+ watt attenuator rated to 6GHz for sure, if such things exist at amateur prices.  My 4GHz-rated 150W 30dB attenuator starts to go *very* weird at 5.7, and my homebrew 350W watercooled load loses interest completely above 3GHz. RF Elettronica have a good range of flange-mount attenuators, but they are rated only to 3 or 4GHz, nothing as high as 6GHz.

Might it be feasible to make a narrowband attenuator for 5.7 using one of the 4GHz-rated flange-mount chips with some tuning stubs on a bit of microstripline PCB?  Then the requirement would only be to >3.4GHz, which might be easier to achieve from my pocket-money allowance.

Neil G4DBN

On 05/04/2019 23:37, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:
Yes Richard, that would be of interest to me.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

-----Original Message-----
From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard via Groups.Io
Sent: 05 April 2019 23:38
To: UKMicrowaves@groups.io
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] 2.4 GHz power measurement

I made an enquiry to Matt a while ago about the cost of a 250 W 30 dB attenuator, It needn't be 30 dB as like most I have other attenuators which can be used afterwards. So 10 or 20dB maybe If enough of us could do a bulk purchase I'm sure he can get a good price.
250W usable to 5.7 GHz would be a very useful shack accessory, maybe 300W . Matt does seem to have access to the better manufacturers any interest ?
Richard g8jvm

On Fri, 2019-04-05 at 19:38 +0000, Conrad, PA5Y wrote:
For 50 quid Matt M0MAT has just the job for me. I checked BTW, on my
doorstep is a different mat who also spells his name wrong so not him.

73

Conrad PA5Y