Re: New Subscribers

Richard <richard@...>

The only group I subscribe that has Andy JNTs e-mail address is this
one, and a couple of others as well, only on this list.

Anyone can read the postings and the originators e-mail address is in
each.
First place for any collection bot is open mailings lists.
You may have not noticed any if your ISP has a spam filter

Richard

On Tue, 2019-03-05 at 19:56 +0000, Alan Melia via Groups.Io wrote:
I may be wrong but I have not received any of these mails, so I
doubt
whether they have come from a hacking of the group. If the address
list
had been hacked we surely should all get these messages not just the
new
members.

However remember that the Yahoo group was hacked a few years back
and
generally these messages are the result of a Yahoo list member using
the
website and leaving it open when they finish. The messages are sent
everyone on his contact list. I have none of these very obvious spam
messages from here or any other of my groups.io lists.

If this is a failing in the registration of new members it should be
queried with groups.io support. I find them very responsive
.....unlike
Yahoo. The header for one of these messages might be interesting to
see.

Alan
G3NYK