Re: New Subscribers

Alan Melia

I may be wrong but I have not received any of these mails, so I doubt whether they have come from a hacking of the group. If the address list had been hacked we surely should all get these messages not just the new members.

However remember that the Yahoo group was hacked a few years back and generally these messages are the result of a Yahoo list member using the website and leaving it open when they finish. The messages are sent to everyone on his contact list. I have none of these very obvious spam messages from here or any other of my groups.io lists.

If this is a failing in the registration of new members it should be queried with groups.io support. I find them very responsive .....unlike Yahoo. The header for one of these messages might be interesting to see.

Alan
G3NYK