Re: UK Microwave Group Low Band Contest - Sunday 3rd March

Neil Smith G4DBN

Hi Ben, most activity is around 2320.200, plus or minus 50kHz, but most 13cm contacts are set up via KST or Zello or from a contact on 23cm.  You might find some talkback on 144.390 as well.  There are very few stations on 2300, I usually manage to work just one, so you have the whole band to choose from.  I tend to choose .140, but for no particular reason.

I'll be looking around on 23cm and watching KST, and I'll monitor Zello SHF Chat.  If you want to use that, install the app and say hello to the moderators so your account is enabled in advance.

If you see me on KST, I'll be by the radio.  If not, I'll be doing something else.  I tend to do a couple of hours through the period of the contest, dipping in and out.

Neil G4DBN

On 25/02/2019 19:14, militaryoperator via Groups.Io wrote:
The first UKuG contest of 2019 is this Sunday 3rd March, from 1000-1600.
Bands are 1.3GHz, 2.30GHz, 2.32GHz, and 3.4GHz. Exchange is the usual
report and serial number plus 6 digit locator. The full rules are here:

73
John G3XDY
UKuG Contest Manager

John. What would be the usual calling/operating frequencies on the 2.3 and 2.32 bands?

only I need to flick dip switches in my SG Labs transverter.

Thanks, Ben.