moderated Re: AxisNT TDD 2,3 - 2,4 Ghz amplifier

Ole OZ2OE

Hi Neil

I have similar looking boards ripped from basestations. Mine are marked 2140 on the isolators/circulators. I assume this is centerfrequency, but don't know bandwith of these devices.

I've come across a problem. There are small trimmers? over the signal lines in the driver chain. I assume they are capacitors, but I have not found a way of tuning them, neither been able to find similar looking devices from producers catalogues on the internet. Any idea of type and way of trimming/adjusting?

73 Ole OZ2OE

Den 21. februar 2019 kl. 11.26.25 +01.00, skrev Neil Smith G4DBN <neil@...>:

I have some of the similar smaller 2.1GHz devices from the same vendor, I'd like to join the group in case there is anything common with the SPI interfaces on these.  I was going to bypass the driver stage, but I'd like to use the bias controls if I can work out the protocols, especially if there is a way to monitor the device temp and adjust the standing current.  My use-case is for EME CW/MGM, so linearity is not important, it's all about power!

Neil G4DBN

On 21/02/2019 10:09, Timestep wrote:

Tel.  01803 833366

SPI can be performed using a single PIC.  But why not modify the unit with a pot or two ?

I have one on order.  Where is the group you mention ?

BTW they are still available, he lists 2 then afterwards another 2 !!

Thanks

Dave  G4IUG

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.