Re: Single Octagon LNB PCB removal

on4cjq@...

The EAN number looks ok, so it is PLL

Van: "g0ruz" <g0ruz@...>
Aan: "UKMicrowaves" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Verzonden: Donderdag 24 januari 2019 13:50:30
Onderwerp: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Single Octagon LNB PCB removal

As I am obviously quite stupid can someone confirm that this is correct?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Octagon-Optima-OTLSO-PLL-Twin-Slim-LNB-0-1-dB-FullHD-HDTV-Digital-2-Teilnehmer/160906911008?

This one clearly states PLL.

Conrad PA5Y

www.ebay.co.uk
OCTAGON GERMANY OPTIMA LNB Serie : Marken-LNB`s von OCTAGON ist zum Empfang von analogen sowie digitalen Sendern von jedem Satelliten geeignet. Mit den OCTAGON GERMANY OPTIMA LNB erwerben Sie nicht nur erstklassige Qualität, sondern auch allerneuste Technik (PLL-Technologie). | eBay!

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of Conrad, PA5Y <g0ruz@...>
Sent: 24 January 2019 13:47
To: UKMicrowaves
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Single Octagon LNB PCB removal

Damn! 

Back to the drawing board. Ebay again, at least it was less than 10 Euros.

Conrad PA5Y

From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> on behalf of on4cjq@... <on4cjq@...>
Sent: 24 January 2019 13:45
To: UKMicrowaves
Subject: Re: [UKMicrowaves] Single Octagon LNB PCB removal

Hey Conrad,

i'm sure it isn't a PLL version, i think you have this one:

Octagon Optima OSLSO Single Slim LNB 0,1dB

Today i did some tests on rx the EB high beacon:S/N 22dB with Triax 95*85 dish, Octagon out-of box PLL LNB; and some other modified LNB's  with the board from a Octagon PLL connected to them via sma, into a SDR RTL dongle. Polarisation is H. No reception on the EB low beacon due to some exremely high noise level, so need that to find out .

Jerry

Van: "g0ruz" <g0ruz@...>
Aan: "UKMicrowaves" <UKMicrowaves@groups.io>
Verzonden: Donderdag 24 januari 2019 13:14:18
Onderwerp: [UKMicrowaves] Single Octagon LNB PCB removal

I have in my possession a single output Octagon OSLSO and I got the lid off only to find that the Xtal is on the underside of the single PCB. I have seen details of dual Octogons but I am not sure how to get this board out.  I presume that the edges cannot be soldered so maybe it is just the vias that need to be desoldered. I'll start with desolder wick, I hope that this works!

Photo is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pylcangqop93v9r/single_octagon_lid_off.jpg?dl=0

www.dropbox.com
Shared with Dropbox

Any advice would be gratefully received, I really would like to know the Xtal frequency.

Conrad PA5Y

Join UKMicrowaves@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.