From: UKMicrowaves@groups.io <UKMicrowaves@groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy G4JNT
Sent: 22 November 2018 17:27
To: UK Microwaves groups.io <ukmicrowaves@groups.io>
Subject: [UKMicrowaves] 144MHz Gain block

I need a gain block to go from a little under 0dBm up to a bit over 27dBm or 500mW.   This is needed to make my Elad FDM-DUO "look like" the FT817 for driving transverters.

But it's a very inconvenient gain arrangement to get using gain blocks

PGA-103 etc go to 50mW and needs the input attenuating.  Then any discrete device after that has to be wound back so much it gets silly.

Meaning :   Atten - Gain - Atten Gain

Is there an off the shelf solution to 27dB - 30dB gain  up to 1 Watt output?  Or will it have to be a pair of bipolars with old-fashioned discrete circuitry

Andy