Re: WG16 Square Flange

Paul G8AQA

Hi Adrian,

You will need a choke only flange to mate with the flange shown as the 2 "O" ring grooves will not fit comfortably together. When you do get an "O" ring make sure you have the correct section. Rubber is incompressible so if it fills the groove completely when deformed then the metal parts will not make contact. I guess you know that 2 chokes should not face each other without a metal gasket.

Let me know exactly what you require and I will see what I can find. I should be able to find most bits including circular flanges.

73
Paul G8AQA

On 15/09/2018 15:14, g4uvz@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

As part of the next phase of the GB3KBQ rebuild I am hoping to raise the antenna a couple of metres to clear local vegetation. I have a couple of old square flanges but would ideally like to use a choked flange AND sealing rings..rather than silicon sealer!

I wonder if anyone has these items which they would be prepared to donate to the project?

See attached pictures of the size of sealing rings required.

Many thanks

Adrian G4UVZ Beacon Keeper GB3KBQ