Re: GB3CSB - CQ for Donation's !

David GM6BIG

Hi All,

While at the farm, I took the opportunity to pay Walter the electricity bill for GB3CSB.

A little earlier than usual, but hopefully that helped make up for being rather late last year...

As always, Walter's support and help is much appreciated, so its the electric bill, and a little extra as a thanks.

If anyone would like to donate towards the upkeep and running of GB3CSB you can send me donations using the details below, or get in touch.

For Paypal, send it to...
aware@freeuk.com

(Do not email me at that address though).

Or by post to..

David Anderson
20 Greenrig Rd
Hawksland
Lesmahagow
ML11 9QA

Unless you wish to remain anonymous, make sure you include your name and call, its not always obvious who has helped out !

Many Thanks for your support in the past.

BTW
The High RF Performance 10GHz beacon, the subject of a talk at the GM Round Table last year when it was still in "breadboard" form, is now all but complete, just some tidying of the software and the addition of some remote monitoring before going to site.

Cheers David GM6BIG.

On 16-Sep-18 21:30, David GM6BIG wrote:
Hi All,
There had been power company faults in the area with 11kV transformers failing, several times.
The farm, and much of the neighbourhood supported on power company generators while the worked on the 11kV network.
During this, a few RCD protected supplies at the farm were tripping, including the one supplying GB3CSB and other amateur radio gear.
I managed to get up last Tuesday to help investigate/fix. By the time I arrived, Walter GM8IIH, the farm owner, had done much of the work already. A few Neutral-Earth "leaky" items identified and disconnected.
Fingers crossed, power was restored on Tuesday, and so far still good - no more RCD trips.
Cheers, David GM6BIG
On 08-Sep-18 16:42, David GM6BIG wrote:
Hi All,

Just to let you know there is an electrical fault at the farm where GB3CSB beacon is located.

The supply to the beacon and other amateur equipment at the site is "currently" off.

It has only just happened, so not sure of any timescale yet, will keep you all posted...

73 David GM6BIG