Re: Bell Hill gardening session

Andy G4JNT

There weren't - I did check for birds.

But glad to see someone else thinks about them on here

On 6 July 2018 at 11:13, ALANNOTTAGE@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Good job, Andy/Neil!  Can I recommend after 1 August another year, just in case there are still blackcaps/whitethroats nesting in there :>)

Al G0XBV

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...>
To: Ukmicrowaves (ukmicrowaves@...) <ukmicrowaves@...>; uk_beacons <uk_beacons@...>
Sent: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 10:14
Subject: [ukmicrowaves] Bell Hill gardening session

Yesterday Neil, G4LDR and myself made an inspection and general clearing and tidy up session around the Bell Hill microwave beacon site.   It hadn't been visited for something like two years,with no proper gardening for even longer and was badly overgrown.

I had intended bringing back the GB3SCS 2.3GHz beacon to modify for JT9F-Fast modulation.  But after all that work apathy set in so I didn't bother extracting the hardware..  It's the wrong time of year for there to be much interest anyway.  I'll do the change later this year so the winter months can be used for testing A/C scatter from it on 2.3