Re: Beacon modulation sequences

Gary M1EGI

Maybe a simple lookup table showing all possible modes for that band, then use a dot or tick to indicate which modes are active on that beacon.

Simple to update and change, and would easy allow for multimode beacons.

If repeater keepers could log in and simply use a tick box to indicate which modes are in use, it might lead to system details being kept upto date.

Just my two pence worth

73s Gary M1EGI

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, 17:47 Martyn Vincent ukv@... [ukmicrowaves], <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Beaconspot already lets beacon keepers (only) to add/subtract/edit details of their beacons already.
Very straightforward and quite adequate.
73 Martyn G3UKV (NoV GB3ZME series)

On 26/04/2018 14:46, Andy Talbot andy.g4jnt@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:

PI4      https://rudius.net/oz2m/ngnb/pi4.htm

But is bit 'off'  that Beaconspot doesn't indicate this

A Wiki based approach where beacon keepers themselves update their details would be a far better solution all round
.

On 26 April 2018 at 14:09, Edward Harland g3vpf@... [ukmicrowaves] <ukmicrowaves@...> wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the modulation sequence is on GB3MHZ on 23cms?

Is there a source of information on microwave beacon modulation sequences? The RSGB pages do not list them and most of the beacon home pages I have found give information on the RF side but do not say anything about the modulation sequence.

Ed G3VPF