I will try and get a schematic.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y

On 2018-03-06 12:18, 'Alan Melia' Alan.Melia@... [ukmicrowaves] wrote:
Hi Conrad I am wondering if you are attacking the right source. Just because
it is still there on a clean external DC power supply does not mean that
there is no SMPSU internally providing various rail voltages from the clean
supply.
I have had screen interference on LF but it did not extend to anywhere near
70cms .....the fundamental was 700Hz or thereabouts, and it was rock stable
on a waterfall, not the drifting you report. Drifting lines with mains
modulation has nearly always been traced to an SMPSU where I have
encountered it.....a free running switching oscillator. What does seem clear
is that it is not radiated from the supply lead ......which might be an easy
fix.
The best way to cure RFI is to attack it at source rather than trying to
screen it out. What technology is the monitor screen?? the RSGB EMC helpdesk
man (Ken) is an ex TV engineer and has had a lot of success getting some
errant TVs replaced.
Good Luck with it
Alan (G3NYK)
RSGB EMC Committee member